Talk to One of our Knowledgeable Team Members Today
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find some of the frequent questions that families ask about our memory care communities. If you do not find an answer to your question, feel free to email us or phone us at 469-964-5727.
• Our dietary staff works closely with the Director of Health Care and the Community Executive Director to ensure every meal provides the highest levels of nourishment for our residents.
• Our staff is committed to providing the closest to home cooking as possible through freshly prepared meals made from scratch
• Three nutritious meals prepared daily with attention to individual dietary needs
• Snacks are available 24 hours a day
• Monitoring of weight loss and weight gain
• Ongoing evaluation of nutritional needs and special dietary requirements
• Monitoring of glucose levels for diabetics (when prescribed by a doctor)
• Each of our family owned and operated communities provides peace-of-mind that your loved one is well cared for and receives the following services:
• Licensed nurses with specialized expertise in dementia care on site 7 days a week and on-call 24 hours a day
• Staff trained specifically for Alzheimer’s and dementia-related memory care on-site 24 hours a day
• Emergency call response in each room
• Administration and storage of all medications – with options for re-ordering
• Health monitoring (vital signs, lab tests, therapy needs, glucose levels)
• Assistance with daily living including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene and mobility
• Laundry – personal and linens
• Daily housekeeping
• 24-hour security with a monitored camera system and magnetically locked exterior doors
• Our certified Life Engagement Managers use an assessment tool and the resident profile in addition to interviews with resident’s families to develop individualized lifestyle engagement plans for each resident.
• Holistic methods are used to engage our residents’ whole being through touch, music, dance, and aromatherapy.
• Family incorporated activities, cookouts, birthday parties and holiday-themed dinners and events
• Gardening, supervised outings to local restaurants, coffee shops, and stores
• Regular spiritual services
• Supervised outdoor walking groups in our courtyards and walking paths
• Regular daily social engagement and exercise programs are individualized to meet eachresident’s lifestyle.
• Personalized one-on-one programs that help residents continue to enjoy their life-long hobbies such as cooking, needlework and painting
• We have multiple layouts across all of our Grand Brook communities. We accept no more than 48 individuals total for any of our layouts ensuring that we give your loved the best care possible.
• If you are interested in residency at Grand Brook Memory Care, please contact our community and we will be glad to set up an assessment with one of our specially trained nurses. Our complimentary assessments will help you to determine the best living options for your loved one.
• Each of our buildings were purposefully built to mimic a home environment and were extensively researched in order to provide specifically designed living spaces for individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory impairment.
• Themed neighborhoods with unique colors and images, extra-high ceilings and wide hallways
• Numerous activity areas and rooms for TV viewing, arts & crafts, reading, visiting and private dining with the family
• Specialized design features that minimize confusion, encourage social interaction, enhance visual stimulation, and provide a home-like atmosphere
• Enable our residents and families to feel comfortable and safe using current technology for security and monitoring systems
We offer both private and companion rooms with bathrooms in all rooms. All of our rooms are carpeted and spacious, with a variety of sizes of rooms available. You are welcome to bring your own furniture if you like or we can provide furniture for you.
At Grand Brook Memory Care, we wash your loved one’s personal laundry, bed linens and any other laundry needed. We fold and return completed laundry to each resident’s room.
We have a full time housekeeper who cleans the entire facility including dusting, vacuuming and cleaning each resident’s bedroom and bathroom and making the bed. Our caregivers on staff do not do housekeeping.
Call 214-531-8796 today to speak with an Grand Brook representative or to schedule a tour.